Religious Counselors are required to be trained and certified by the Diocese to properly conduct the older Boy Scout and Girl Scout religious emblems programs. This training is not in the subject area of Catholic teaching, doctrine or beliefs, but rather to ensure that the programs are properly conducted according to standards established by the National Catholic Committee on Scouting. This training is conducted once a year at the Annual Scout Religious Emblems Retreat
held (traditionally) on the last weekend of September.
The objectives of this training is to:
- Inform those interested adult leaders about the Light of Christ and Parvuli Dei religious emblems program for Cub Scouts.
- Qualify interested adult leaders as counselors for the Ad Altare Dei religious emblem program.
- Qualify interested adult leaders as moderators for the Pope Pius XII religious emblem program.
- And to inform those individuals about Catholic Scouting within the Boy Scouts of America
This training consists of:
Click here for chapter-organized resources for AAD Counselors
- An overview to each religious emblems program.
- An introduction to the counselor/moderator's role in the organization and delivery of each program.
- The nature of your communications with the Catholic Committee and your responsibilities with regard to the Board(s) or Review.